My latest book, due out Dec. 7, is a unique handbook looking into how a nontraditional executive became president and led his alma mater through three significant crises in three and a half years.
Learn how the University of Idaho (also my alma mater!) collaborated to:
- find $14 million in cuts in FY2020 and another $22 million for FY2021 and developed a financial model to eliminate deficits and keep the institution moving toward financial success;
- open in the Fall of 2020 during COVID-19, amid some criticism and concern, but with safety as its number one priority; and
- immediately respond to safety concerns when four of its students were brutally murdered in their off-campus home in November 2022.
An in-depth look at crisis management using contributions from over 50 people. President Green shares:
- key managerial insights at the end of every chapter,
- “Third Rail” commentary on important topics facing higher education in today’s climate,
- the strategy behind increased research dollars, soaring enrollments, and fundraising records, and
- “Smart Collaborations” depicting how the university—on campus and throughout the State of Idaho—continued its land grant mission while facing extraordinary challenges.
Loaded with content, charts, graphs, and photos, this crisis-management thriller offers a multitude of information to apply to your own management team, whether you’re a university president, CEO, manager, leader, or small business owner. There’s nothing like this unique blend of story telling and crisis management how-tos on the market today.
- Foreword by Dr. Heidi Gardner, Founder & CEO of Gardner & Co. and best-selling author of Smart Collaboration: How Professionals and Their Firms Succeed by Breaking Down Silos and Smarter Collaboration: A New Approach to Breaking Down Barriers and Transforming Work.
- Published by John Wiley & Sons (Wiley).
Pre-order now or look for it at your favorite retailer starting Dec. 7.
University of Idaho book sales revenues will go to the Vandal Healing Garden in memory of the four lost Vandals and other lost Vandal students.
This page contains #affiliatelinks.